Saturday, January 5, 2008

Thanks for dropping in!

My name is Cliff and I am glad you dropped in. I hope that we can have some respectful, useful conversations here.

I have created this blog as a way to discuss that which is most important to me, my faith in Jesus Christ and my belief that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (sometimes called Mormons) is His restored church today.

My opinions expressed here are my own. I cannot presume to speak for the Church.

Please do not post long lists of cut-and-paste charges against the Church. Please remain respectful -- of any church or faith group that is discussed here.

I'm a busy guy. I may not visit here everyday. I may not answer posts for several days either.

I try to be a well-read person. I have read the Bible cover-to-cover almost three times now, as well as the Book of Mormon, the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price -- the latter three being books that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints holds to be scripture along with the Bible. Scripture ... words written by the inspiration of God, not the inspiration of man, so don't insult my intelligence by quoting Revelations 22:18. God can add to His words anytime that He pleases.

I've also read pretty much every anti-Mormon book and pamphlet out there, so there's not much that will surprise me.

My other interests include wild food foraging, gardening, classic literature, science, geology and geography. We can talk about that too!

No comments: